Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's a....

BOY! We are thrilled beyond belief. I had my 16 week doctor's appointment yesterday, and my doctor was having trouble finding the heartbeat (again!), so he wanted me to get an ultrasound to make sure the baby was ok. It turns out that my placenta is on the front part of my stomach, and the baby is underneath, so that's why he was having a hard time getting it to pick up on the doppler. Well, I felt bad that Cole wasn't there with me to find out, but I was ready to know what this baby was! So the ultrasound tech says...OK...it's a boy! I said, "I knew it!!!" I had predicted it the whole time! And then I said, well are you sure?? Then she says, OH YEAH, 100% sure! And shows me THIS:

So we are DEFINITELY having a little boy! As soon as I left, I had to call Cole...I couldn't wait any longer! He is so excited. He keeps talking about training him to be a little ninja! It's really cute. So we then called all of our family and friends to share the good news. It feels sooo good to know now! We are going shopping tonight and I can't wait to get all blue stuff! It feels so much more real now too. There really is a baby inside there!




In other news, Little BOY Bear is now the size of an avocado! His little ear bones are almost formed, so he can start to hear! Cole will talk to him and try to get him to kick me with his ninja legs, but I haven't felt anything yet. He was moving around like crazy in the ultrasound yesterday, kicking and waving his arms...it was the cutest thing! Also, eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. The doctor said I have only gained about 4 pounds, which is fine with me! I will start posting belly pictures maybe next week, once you can tell more.


Here's one more picture for you guys...my most favorite of all. Look how cute he is!!! I love him so much already.





1 comment:

  1. AWWWW YAY!! Im so excited for you!! Isnt it the most amazing thing you EVER experienced!! I know you are ready to start shopping and getting things all ready! Its so fun to REALLY start doing doing things. Well all I have to say is that I am IMPRESSED with the 4 pound weight gain :) I had already gained like 14 at this point --haha (totaling 50 at the end) so you are doing GREAT!! Yay for the cute little bub in your belly!! CONGRATS AGAIN!!

    ReplyDelete